We welcome all comments and feedback about the way we work. If you have a complaint or problem about us, we will aim to resolve it as quickly and efficiently as possible in a personal, fair and confidential way.
The aim of this procedure is to provide an efficient and robust fundraising complaints process that is also in line with the Fundraising Regulator.
Causeway Education is committed to excellent customer service. We regard complaints as an opportunity to turn a negative experience into a positive one, as well as an opportunity to learn and to improve.
The purpose of our complaints handling procedures is to ensure that we:
- listen and are responsive to people who raise an issue with us
- respond swiftly and at a level close to the point of delivery
- are fair and consistent
- offer solutions and/or explanations
- offer complainants recourse to someone more senior/more independent if they wish
- ensure that staff who are mentioned in complaints receive support
- respect confidentiality
- record complaints consistently and monitor what we record
- use complaints positively as an opportunity for learning and improvement.
In making a complaint we believe most people want:
- to be listened to
- to have the problem accepted as important
- to be offered a solution or explanation
- to have their distress acknowledged and to be assured the same thing will not happen again.
It is therefore essential that people raising a complaint are involved in discussing their concerns and in finding solutions.
How to complain
Step 1 – Tell us
You may send your complaint to us in any of the following ways:
- Phone: 020 3808 5140
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Causeway Education, EdSpace, Falkirk Street, London N1 6HQ
Our aim is to ensure every complaint is acknowledged within five working days. Please provide contact details and advice on your preferred method of contact.
Step 2 – We will respond to your complaint
Your complaint will be fully investigated by a member of Causeway Education and s/he will contact you to discuss the situation further. We will provide an outcome of our investigation within 10 working days starting from the date when the complaint was received. If it is not possible to give a full response within the timescale, we will contact you to provide an explanation and indication of when a full response can be expected (within a further ten working days).
Step 3 – If you’re not happy with our response
If you are still not satisfied with our response, please let us know and this will be looked into by our Chief Executive Officer, who will write to you clearly setting out the outcome of their review and the rationale for their decision.
The review will be completed within 25 working days of receiving your response. If an extension is necessary we will inform you of the reason and provide you with an update.
Step 4 – Taking your complaint about our fundraising outside of Causeway Education
If you remain dissatisfied with the response you have received, you are entitled to take your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator (www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk).
The Fundraising Regulator is the independent self-regulatory body for UK fundraising. They work with charities, suppliers and the wider charity sector to encourage commitment to and compliance with best practice in fundraising.
Causeway Education is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and we are therefore committed to abide by any decision they reach on complaints which are escalated to them.